13 Jan 2010

Time to move

To all of my followers in Norway. Starting from now I'm mostly going to write in English in my blog, so it is time to start practising. If not, then I recommend to use the google translator gadget on the right side of the webpage.
I have now moved out of Nairobi and ended up in the small town, Nakuru. It is a nice place, but I can't help missing Nairobi and all the great people we met there.. But this will not be a sentimental farewell-blogpost, because I know that I will return to Nairobi shortly.
But instead, let me take you around in my new room.
As some of you might have heard Miriam and my room is purple. But the most facinating thing about it is that not a single corner is 90 degrees. I hope that the photo will show the space that is between the wall and the bed.
This works as our kitchen/work place. Here we store a bit of food and also we have our school books here. The fact that we have a desk will come in handy when it is time to write the schoolpaper.
Here is Miriam's little hut. She got the corner. We have decorated the place with the Kenyan flag, to feel a bit like Kenyans. Miriam will be my team-mate for the next two months as the two other have gone to different places.
This is my bed. Yes, to all you who know me. This picture is taken shortly aften we had cleaned the room.
This is the door to the washrooms.. We have decorated it with friends and loved ones.
This is our "Mathare mirror". On both sides of the mirror we have lots of pictures of the children from the daycare and also the friends we made while working in Mathare. Everytime we look in the mirrior we will also remember all the great times we had.
This is our front door.


Welcome into our washroom. The walls are green. Quite a disturbing color when you want to take a relaxing shower. But we have decorated it with postcards from Norway.


So this is where I'll be spending the next two months. I'll be working with students at different campuses around Nakuru.

3 comments:

  1. Fresht... Likar badet dikkons...! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dåkker har jo d über koseli!!! Så mange fine bilda!!! Nu kjenne æ at æ savne dåkker, og at d e på tide at æ åsså heng opp nån bilda!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nåhh..så trivelig rom, hun jenta i senga må jo være en super samboer;)

    ReplyDelete